It is the first parish where CMI members started the missionary apostolate in Kenya. History of the Mbiuni Catholic Mission begins with the arrival of the first catholic missionaries in Ukambani – the land of the kamba. In 1913, two French Holy Ghost missionaries came to live at Kombe, a small village two miles away from Mbiuni. They built a simple house and a grass-thatched church and spent a year there trying to establish the first catholic mission in Ukambani. But some people opposed it. Therefore fathers were told to move to another place called Kabaa. In 1915, the two priests built the first Catholic Church in Ukambani using sun-baked bricks. But in 1918, they left for Kilungu to begin a new mission, so Kabaa was left without a priest. During 1930’ the mission at kabba was developed. As the out stations and number of Christians increased, it was found necessary to divide the parish, and hence a new church and mission was built in Mbiuni, seven kilometers from Kabaa, in 1977. Rev. Fr. Michael Cuniffe was the first priest in charge of Mission. In June 1983, Rev. Fr. Jose Kallely CMI was appointed as the parish Priest. It was the dawn of the new era in the history of Mbiuni Catholic Mission. He started St. Joseph’s Primary school in 1991, Carmel Girls Secondary school in 1996, St. Mary’s Rehabilitation Centre for the physically and challenged children in 2004, Christ Secondary school for poor children in 2009. Mbiuni Parish has 11 outstations and 3000 Families. FCC sisters are helping in the administration of the schools.